Anthony Ryan Mattke
Network Architect / Manager
- 15+ years of experience in network design and implementation
- Strong background in BGP and OSPF, experience with multiple Cisco Nexus and UCS deployments
- Self-motivated engineer with project management experience
- Knowledgeable with many popular technologies including F5 LTM, VMware, DMVPN, and Infoblox DNS/DHCP
- Well versed in many Cisco products including Nexus, UCS, ASA, ASR, Catalyst, ISR, ACS, ISE, and WLC
- Technical blogger at routerjockey.com, packetpushers.net and InformationWeek’s Network Computing
- Cisco Champion 2014-2016, Tech Field Day Delegate, and occasional guest on the Packet Pushers Podcast
IT Manager of Networking / Architect
IT Manager focused on large scale enterprise IT projects, and managing a team of Network Engineers servicing the Lippert’s IT global project, integration, and architecture portfolio.
Senior Network Architect
Currently focused on a redesign of Lippert’s core network infrastructure while working to update procedures, standards, and documentation. Other current projects include a metro Ethernet redesign, 802.1x wired authentication/authorization using Cisco ISE, and acquisition based network integration work.
- Nexus 9k implementation for 10gb server edge connectivity
- Global redesign of Lippert’s wireless network with the addition of Cisco ISE for authentication / authorization.
- Implemented radius for network devices using Microsoft NPS, and configuration backups using rancid
Senior Network Engineer
Thor Motor Coach
Lead engineer for Thor’s engineering staff. Working to develop processes and procedures for the department to increase efficiency and productivity. Also working to develop a detailed road-map to facilitate the necessary infrastructure changes to move TMC forward into the future
- Designed and implemented a condensed core metro-e campus network to enable the building of a second data center
- Implemented Nexus 9k and UCS infrastructure bringing 10gb connectivity within both data centers
- Implemented monitoring solutions using open source technology to gather baseline data
- Worked with Thor’s existing staff to troubleshoot and diagnose a number of pre-existing issues plaguing the department
Senior Network Engineer
Teachers Credit Union
Lead engineer and architect for TCU’s extensive network redesign, including designing two new data center networks. Worked with auditors and regulators to ensure compliance within our infrastructure. Performed / managed projects with various vendors.
- Designed and implemented a new edge network utilizing BGP and BGP Communities to add redundancy where a static configuration existed previously. This included acquiring TCU’s AS number and IP address block from ARIN.
- Architected a new active/active core network design utilizing Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco UCS servers, EMC storage, and F5 LTM load-balancers
- Implemented Cisco ACS for device authentication/authorization and Cisco ISE for 802.1x wireless secured with EAP-TLS
- Redesigned TCU’s MPLS WAN providing more bandwidth, QoS prioritization, and redundancy to branches
- Implemented DMVPN to TCU’s branches providing low cost bandwidth and redundancy to their critical sites
- Architected a new Metro Ethernet design utilizing multiple fibers across 10 locations providing 10 GB of bandwidth to TCU’s tertiary data centers, and 40 GB between the two primary sites. This plan saved TCU nearly $500k in CAPEX
President / Owner
Customers have ranged from small startups to enterprise class data centers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs). Projects have included network assessment, network design, and network implementations.
- Redesigned core network for large southern U.S. data center. Implemented high availability services and redundancy within their edge and distribution networks
- Designed a state-wide government wireless network supporting a distributed topology with fast failover (BFD) and L2 transport using MPLS psuedowires
Cisco Field Engineer
Contract position for CDW’s largest project to date. Coordinated with lead engineers on a Unified Communications for a large financial institution.
- Performed on-site UC installations at various branch locations. This included local router/switch configuration, upgrading and placement of handsets
- Documented install details and test procedures, and performed training for local branch staff
Senior Network Engineer
Cyberlink / AAA Wireless
Responsible for network design, and documentation. Managed network services including IP allocations and network peering. Scheduled and performed network maintenance windows.
- Redesigned Cyberlink’s network infrastructure from the ground up, adding redundancy and increasing reliability
- Designed and tested new POP propagation methods for rapid roll out of residential services utilizing VPLS and PPPoE
- Implemented BGP Communities for control of network traffic flow and BGP blackholes over 4 transit peers using heavy manipulation of BGP attributes
- Implemented new technologies to encourage sales of billable network services including redundant Layer-2 Ethernet transport and on-demand burstable connectivity
- Managed up/downstream BGP peers and transit customers, including any contact or troubleshooting with them. This included several downstream ISPs and WISPs using both bandwidth and transport services
Cisco Certified Network Professional
Cisco Certified Network Associate
2014 – 2017
Network Engineering Blog
Assessment, Analysis & Troubleshooting
Network Design / Architecture
BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP
EtherChannel, vPC, STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST+ MST, VLANs
Wireshark, TCP/IP Analysis
Mac OS X, Linux
MPLS L2 / L3, VRF, VPN, DMVPN
DNS, NTP, DHCP, IPAM, Infoblox
Active Directory, LDAP
Bash, Perl, Python
HTML, CSS, PHP
Solarwinds, Observium, Cacti, MRTG
Rancid, Splunk, Nagios